Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold Pose)
Yoga pose of the month: Let’s study Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold Pose) this month. Take this month to spend time in this pose, teach it to your students, bring it into your practice, and bring on a deeper sense of reflection on it. Here are some ideas for you to consider:
- Place a block between your legs to engage your inner thighs. How does that feel?
- Do the pose with your back to the wall. How close can you be to the wall and not touch it?
- Do the pose standing on two blocks. What changes?
- Play with bending the knees and straightening them. How does the pose differ in your body?
- How does Uttanasana compare to Prasarita Padottanasana for you? Physically AND energetically?
If you are a teacher, challenge yourself to teach this pose in each class this month. Add this component: Can you find something new to teach (and learn)?
Be sure to leave comments for me. I want to hear what your ideas!
Plus, enjoy these quick videos with tips on deepening your pose: