Ready for MORE Energy?
Aren’t we all! 🙂 And I have some great info to share with you!
This post is part 2 of a 4-week series I created for ideas on how to boost your energy. Sounds good, eh? If you want to read all the posts and get all the goodies, you can sign up for the full series here: #30DayEnergyBoost.
Enjoy this series for a bevy of suggestions!
Summary Live Stream
You can enjoy this Live Stream I did on the subject, teaching about the 4 tips, or scroll down and read each tip on your own!
Tip #1: Hydration
I know, nothing new here. But are you hydrated? You need to drink a minimum of half your weight in ounces and up to a gallon of water a day.
Yep, you heard me…a gallon.
Take a moment and calculate the number of your water bottles you need to be drinking each day — just to function at a base level! Are you getting that much?
Our bodies are approximately 65% water and our brains 74%.
Dehydration is associated with:
- Foggy brain
- Low energy
Yep, not only all the symptoms we want to alleviate this month — also how you are FEELING!
It is time to hydrate! Here are some tips and tricks to help you up your ounces:
- Work up to drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water and up to a gallon.
- Wake up and drink a glass of water first thing in the morning. (After scraping your tongue and brushing your teeth. Your body expels toxins at night and they end up on your tongue. Purchase an inexpensive tongue scraper and scrape it first thing in the morning and then brush your teeth. THEN drink your water.)
- Drink a quart of water before breakfast.
- Add Vitality Essential Oils to your water to make the water more interesting and enjoy added health benefits. (Favorites: citrus oils, mint oils, Thieves Vitality)
- Don’t drink during meals. Drinking dilutes the digestive juices making it harder to digest your food.
- Know how many ounces your water bottle is so you know how many bottles you need to drink each day. Keep track of the bottles.
Any tips and tricks you use to get more water in or make sure you are getting enough?
Tip #2: Stimulants
I know, I know, this one is a bit tricky. Coffee lovers can relax. I’m definitely not telling you to stop with your coffee. (I will not be giving up my tea!)
BUT these artificial stimulants wreak havoc on our natural energy levels and we need to be honest with ourselves about their negative effect on our wellbeing.
Consider beginning to cut back. Start with something easy for yourself. Maybe start to pay attention to the hidden sugars in your foods. Most processed foods have added sugars and sodium.
White sugar and processed sweeteners (aspartame) are the most detrimental. Honey and other natural sweeteners are actually good for you. Substitution might make all the difference in the world for you!
When you are ready to take another step, here are some suggestions:
- Cut back slowly to allow your body to acclimate.
- Consider healthier versions: Drink coffee? Try Ningxia Red and Ningxia Nitro. Drink soda? Try Ningxia Zyng.
- If it is the ritual you enjoy, find ways to enjoy the moment in other ways: tea rather than coffee, non-alcoholic cocktail rather than alcohol, honey-sweetened treats rather than sugar.
ONE LAST THOUGHT:
Another important step is to consider why you want more energy and how important it is to you. The more you crave feeling great in your life, the easier it is to make the hard decisions about letting go of old habits.
Have you discovered any healthier alternatives to what you have done? Give us ideas!
Tip #3: Food Sensitivities
You also already know eating a huge variety of whole foods is going to keep you feeling good. So let’s not cover that here.
Did you know we each have unique sensitivities to certain foods? It doesn’t mean you are allergic to the foods, but they just aren’t as good in your body.
Raw carrots and carrot juice make my body sing right now. Salads and raw foods are awesome!
I feel better with raw oatmeal more than with cooked oatmeal.
Begin noticing: what food feels good in your body?
- Any food leave you feeling you have overeaten?
- When you feel groggy after lunch, what did you eat?
- When you are craving a food, and you eat it, do you feel good afterward?
It isn’t about being perfect ALL OF THE TIME! BUT it is about being smart about your food choices when you need to be. If you need to be sharp, choose well!
And also know it can change. There was a time when grains were affecting me negatively. I now feel great with certain grains in my body.
What have you noticed with the foods you eat? Haven’t noticed? Let us know!
Tip #4: Young Living to the Rescue!
Y’all, there is no way around it. We need supplements – no matter how well you eat.
Our dirt is depleted, pesticides are affecting the health of our farms. Our food isn’t as nutrient rich as it once was. I will leave it at that.
What makes Young Living supplements so far and above other supplements on the market is the infusion of essential oils. Essential oils make the supplements more bioavailable, which means the body can use it. (We end up flushing much of what we take in other supplements — sometimes up to 100%! Yep, waste of money.)
Let’s look at the most important supplements I recommend for Energy:
- Ningxia Red: Best energy-supporting, overall, wellness-supporting gem ever!
- Ningxia Nitro: An added boost to support focus, plus added B, Korean ginseng and other focus-supporting goodies. (Note: MY FAVORITE YOUNG LIVING PRODUCT!!)
- Ningxia Zyng: Healthy soda!
- Master Formula: Most well-rounded multi-vitamin ever!
- Balance Complete Smoothies: Meal replacement smoothie without fillers and sugar. (If you use smoothie mixes, PLEASE check the label. They are notorious for added sugars and fillers.)
- Multigreens: Greens make all the difference in energy levels. No one eats enough! Experiment with the number you take — upping it until you notice an energy shift.
What Young Living supplements or essential oils do YOU swear by for your own energy pick-me-ups?
Choose an action…
If you have been following me for awhile, you know I am ALL ABOUT doing something. I want to inspire real change, not just “that’s a great idea” but nothing happens.
All I want you to do is choose ONE action from this list. One. Comment below what that one thing is for an even great chance of following through.
And then commit to doing it for at least 3 days. Just 3.
You can totally do that!
Ready? Join me next Monday for Topic #3 for this series!
Inspired Living Muse
Inspiring Life Coach + Yoga Educator
Let Laura inspire you to step into YOUR Extraordinary Life! Enjoy the life you are already living AND feel the excitement about the Big Dream that you are creating!
Laura uniquely blends her Life Coaching knowledge and vast experience with Yoga to create programs, classes and workshops that truly do bring mind and body together for positive change, inspiring people to live their most authentic life.