Welcome to Episode #2! Remember, you can read the content or watch the video. Choose what works for you! Enjoy!

Purity Matters:

I began using essential oils years ago. It smelled nice in my bath and I enjoyed the aroma during mediation and yoga, but it never had any significant effect on my body or mind. What I’ve learned is that purity matters. In fact, it is everything. In the United States, there is very little regulation for essential oils; the closest we get is an FDA requirement for labeling.

In order to label a bottle of essential oil “pure” or “therapeutic grade,” the contents of that bottle only needs to contain a minimum of 5% essential oil. Only 5%, that’s it!

Essential oil quality is rated based on how it is prepared, similar to maple syrup. With maple syrup, you have Grade B, hardly processed, high in nutrients and doesn’t taste very sweet. Grade A, a bit more processed, fewer nutrients and tastes better. And then you have Mrs. Butterworth’s, highly processed and no nutritive value whatsoever, basically sugar water.

Essential Oils are graded A through D. Grade A oil is the only true pure oil whereas Grade D is simply floral water; it smells good but no therapeutic value whatsoever. The lower grade oils are also full of chemicals and synthetics and may even be synthesized in a lab and not even come from real plants. The crops probably were also sprayed with pesticides, making them concentrated in the oils. That’s why you want Grade A oils.

Pesticides, pollution, previously farmed land, all of it affects the quality of an oil. AND pesticides are highly concentrated in an oil so be VERY careful here! 

Let’s look at why purity matters a bit closer:

Remember the chemical compounds I mentioned in yesterday’s episode? I was talking about how the therapeutic value of an oil doesn’t come from the oils itself, per se, it comes from the chemical constituents found within the oils, the parts and pieces.It isn’t Lavender oil that helps us, it is the chemical compounds found inside of lavender oil that helps us and most lavender oil on the market doesn’t have all of these parts and pieces.

What effects whether an oil has all of its parts and pieces is basically everything. You need just the right non-GMO seeds, organic soil, they need to be planted at just the right time, harvested at the right hour, distilled in a certain amount of time after harvesting, distilled at a low temperature for just the right amount of time.

Really every step effects the effectiveness of an oil.

Some crops even need to be harvested at the right hour to get the right constituent content. These crops are tested hourly, 24 hours a day, to find the right harvest moment, often harvesting in the middle of the night to capture the oil.

After all the timing, care and love, Young Living still only bottles 30% of the oil it produces because the remaining 70% wasn’t up to the strict standards Young Living upholds.

So, before you purchase essential oils, check to see if the company grows their own plants, owns their own fields, and controls the entire process from Seed to Seal – from the farm to the sealed bottle. Oh, and by the way, Young Living is the ONLY company that can make that claim!

Young Living’s oils are Grade A and exceed organic standards.  If you are looking to move to a chemical free lifestyle by utilizing essential oils, why would you then use an oil laden with chemicals? It is counter productive!

In Episode #3, I will share with you how you can use the oils. I want to share with you the very best way!

Ready to get started?

I would love to welcome you into my oil community.

Everyone who signs up with my link receives personal support from me.

Sign up: http://www.tinyurl.com/ylmuselaura
(You will see your enroller as Senja, Inc. – that’s me!)

Questions about signing up? Here is a video to talk you through it:
http://simplyserendipitycentral.com/enroll/

#28DaysOfGratitude | Life Coaching with MuseLaura

We begin November 1.

Let's deepen our gratitude together. Receive inspirations and a few gifts along the way!

You have one more step - confirm your participation.