Last year, at about this time, I declared a #30DayDeclutter period for me. Actually, it was exactly at this time, to the hour practically. What is fascinating is I feel in a very similar place right now. Is it the time of year? Probably. But it is also about the rapid growth I am going through, major shifts around every corner. Since my feelings are very similar, I don’t feel the need to change a thing to this post:
I am craving simplicy right now. It feels like I see clutter everywhere in my house. This often happens when I am either ready for a consciousness shift or right on the other side of one. I have been shedding old “stuff” right and left. (Read my post, “I’m Freakin’ Freakin’ Out” for how I have been handling it! Got resistance yourself? Read: “Resistance is Futile”.) I have been through this process many times before so I know the signs. I also know that actually clearing away physical clutter in my environment helps me both shift more effortlessly and hold onto the new shift with more grace.
This post is on decluttering because I am about to embark on a 30-Day Declutter Challenge! I have already been doing some of it but decided I could use some company (and a little accountability…). Want to join me? Starting Monday, I am going to commit to decluttering something every day and post it on my Facebook page, Tweet it (#30DayDeclutter), and post photos on Instagram (perhaps even “Before” and “After”, depending on how brave I am!) (And, yeah, I’m everywhere — you can find me on Pinterest and YouTube, too!)
Here are the rules:
- I need to do something every day. (Whenever I say “every” day, I mean 5-6 days a week. Hey, life happens AND even God took a break on the 7th day.)
- Anything counts. Even one magazine recycled is decluttering.
- For everything new brought into the house, two things must leave.
- Deeply scrubbing something (I did my stove today) also counts. I see getting rid of grime as a form of decluttering.
- I will begin on Monday, April 15th.
- PLEASE then post it. I am here to inspire you to get going. NOW you have to inspire ME to keep going! 🙂
You with me? If so, let me know. Would love the company and the inspiration. I am ready!