No, I don’t do this exercise every day, but many of them. I remember that “extraordinary” can be something really small but done with great intention and that makes all the difference.
Here are some suggestions:
- Write a note to your child and place it in his lunchbox.
- Leave a post it on your spouse’ pillow.
- Call someone who needs to hear from you.
- Get up extra early to have a few moments of quiet contemplation for yourself.
- Start the day with a bath.
- End the day with a bath.
- Brush your teeth by candle light.
- Enjoy a cup of tea on your deck as the sun sets.
- Begin to research the answer to a problem you are having.
- Go to bed extra early and curl up with a feel-good novel. (Whatever “feel good” is for you!)
- Watch a double-feature on Netflix with a big bowl of popcorn, extra butter!
- Drive to a new nature spot to go for a walk.
- Expect something wonderful to happen so be on the edge of your seat as you check your emails, answer the doorbell, or check your voicemails!
- Send a card with love to someone who won’t expect it.
- Exercise your body in a new way.
- Do a yoga pose or two.
- Sit in meditation.
- Respond differently to a situation.
- Let love guide you all day.
- Forgive someone.
- Appreciate something or someone you have in your life.
Here’s your work: Choose one (or pick your own) and go.
Have yourself an Extraordinary Day!